Career Opportunities at JB Media Group
We are a B Corp certified digital marketing agency with an emphasis on client education and training. Our client portfolio includes regional and national e-commerce clients, service businesses, and nonprofit organizations. We’re a collaborative, strategic, fun loving, creative group that works hard to help our clients generate awareness that supports their growth.
Available Position: SEO & Content Strategist
About the Position
JB Media seeks an experienced SEO and content marketing professional to plan and execute digital marketing strategies designed to improve search engine rankings, increase website traffic, and boost website conversions. Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Evaluating client websites for strengths and opportunities to increase search engine rankings and improve conversions
- Conducting keyword research
- Providing recommendations for website goals, calls to action, architecture, and content topics based on available website data, keyword research, and industry benchmarks
- Editing content and page layout to support SEO and conversions
- Identifying and coordinating cross-channel digital marketing campaign opportunities including blogs or articles, email, advertising, and social media.
- Onsite metadata writing and editing
- Uploading new content, primarily in WordPress
For details on this role and its responsibilities, please review the full SEO & Content Strategist – Job Description.
Required Skills, Experience & Education
- Two years experience in SEO and campaign strategy creation and execution, ideally across more than one company and industry
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strategic and data driven
- Ability to explain complex concepts clearly and succinctly
- Highly organized
- Exceptional attention to detail
Highly Preferred Skills, Experience, & Education
- Working knowledge of content distribution strategies including email marketing and social media advertising
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, or a related field
- A proven track record in leading projects including coordinating with teams and partners for success
- Experience creating and providing educational training
For us, the right cultural fit is as critical as skills and experience when adding new team members. In addition to reviewing the full job description, please review our mission and values before you apply. We have a casual office complete with canine companions and a ready supply of chocolate on hand. We are also incredibly serious about the work we do for our clients. We often represent them and promote their mission and products on their behalf. We value our relationships with them and each other. For our team, our jobs are much more meaningful than a means to a paycheck. If this resonates with you, read on.
Candidates who meet the above required skills and experience may send both a resume and cover letter as PDF documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. No in-person deliveries or phone inquiries, please. Cover letters should be addressed to Adrianne Gordon, Director of Business Operations and detail your SEO and campaign strategy experience and career aspirations. Hint: Attention to detail is one of our requirements so following these instructions helps to show us that you’re good at that!