At JB Media Group, we live our values by helping social entrepreneurs and green businesses succeed. We combine powerful storytelling with cutting edge marketing techniques so companies with a positive impact can grow — and create the change that our world needs.
We have worked with innovators who grow local economies, develop sustainable technology, and empower people to live their lives to the fullest. Through our experience, we have learned that success in promoting social ventures and non-profits comes through strategy, authenticity, collaboration, and creativity.
Contact us to discuss your social impact marketing and communications needs.
Marketing Your Social Enterprise
We believe in meeting our clients where they are. So, we offer a flexible range of marketing services to meet the needs of change-making entrepreneurs and their teams:
- Training: We welcome your decision-makers and marketers to participate in the JB Media Institute — a comprehensive Internet marketing course that covers strategy, search engine optimization (SEO), social media, advertising and PR.
- Assessments: We can audit your website and social channels, providing expert feedback to help you move forward.
- Planning: We provide SEO research, online marketing strategies, and content plans, which can be carried out by our team or yours.
- Content: We offer full-service content creation for websites, blogs, press releases and social media, bringing targeted messaging and professional writing to your online communications.
- Advertising: We manage highly targeted and strategic advertising campaigns that maximize ROI as you reach new customers.
Who Can Benefit from Social Impact Marketing?
Alternative Energy Companies
Generating a sustainable energy supply is one of the largest environmental challenges facing the world today. We provide marketing expertise to raise awareness and grow companies that positively impact the energy industry.
Socially Responsible and Sustainable Businesses
We bring our significant experience in product marketing and eCommerce to promote socially and environmentally conscious businesses. As we choose companies to work with, we prioritize those that use a sustainable supply chain and manufacture their products responsibly.
Nonprofits, movements, and campaigns that advance a socially progressive or environmental cause are also a great fit for our strategy, training, marketing and communications services.
Our Track Record With Social Impact Marketing
The Social Capital Markets Conference is one of the largest gatherings of the impact investing and social entrepreneurship communities. Since 2008, the event has enjoyed steady growth and recognition. The conference’s parent company MissionHUB is a certified B Corp and operates several Impact Hub coworking spaces for social entrepreneurs across the United States.
JB Media Group has the honor of being the primary marketing agency for SOCAP15 to support the growth, sustainability, and positioning of the conference.
- Coordinated content development and distribution strategy leveraging two blogs, email, social media, public relationships, and network partners
- Landing page content for the SOCAP15 website
- Blog topics and content for both the main Social Capital Markets website and the SOCAP15 conference website
- Email marketing content creation and execution
- Social media content creation, advertising, and account management
- Management of media and co-marketing partnerships
- Public relations support including press release creation, media contact outreach, press pass coordination, and on-site event press management
LoLo is a rewards based incentive program to encourage consumers to utilize local businesses. The company launched in 2013 in Asheville, NC, with expansion to Andersonville, IL, in 2014. JB Media Group began working with LoLo in an advisory capacity to help plan the Asheville launch and help strategize campaign elements that could be repeated in other cities during future expansion. LoLo creates a positive social impact by engaging support for local businesses through an easy to use, digitally connected application. Our marketing for LoLo has since included:
- Social media content creation, advertising, and account management
- Online advertising strategy and management
- Continued advising on overall marketing strategy
By designing and producing domestically made all-purpose knitwear using a low impact, domestic supply chain, Appalatch has sought to change the clothing industry and how individuals think about their wardrobe. JB Media Group provided a range of support to these clothing makers just before and during their initial company launch:
- Social media content creation and account management.
- Search engine optimization through content creation and training
- Public relations for product launch and crowdfunding campaign
- Crowdfunding campaign strategy and campaign management
- Marketing training for an internal staff member via the JB Media Institute
[Media Logos go here]
Outrider produces unique pedal-electric vehicles of their own design, made for on and off-road exploring. In 2014, this young team of entrepreneurs adjusted their business model by designing and crowdfunding an adaptive-use model of their industry-leading, high performance electric trike. Not only did the campaign meet its fundraising goal, but it garnered the company extensive media coverage.
- Strategy, social media, and public relations for Kickstarter campaign
- Search engine optimization content development and consulting
- Online advertising consulting
- Marketing training via the JB Media Institute for an Outrider co-founder who managed their early marketing
An international mental health non-profit, Open Path Collective offers access to affordable therapy in a variety of US cities. Open Path also offers affordable online mental health education in anger management, parenting, device addiction, substance abuse, insomnia, and communication, among other areas. To support the organization’s growth and reach, JB Media has provided:
- Search engine optimization consulting for the web development team
- Online advertising campaign management for Google AdWords
- Google Grant management: Increased Google grant usage from ~$6,000 per month up to $40,000 per month
ARZU Studio Hope is an innovative model of social entrepreneurship. With a mission to create economic stability for communities in need, ARZU empowers Afghan women to lift themselves and their families out of poverty through ethical, artisan-based employment, education, and access to healthcare.
- Online advertising strategy and account management
- Management of $40,000 per month Google Grant campaigns
- Marketing training for an internal marketing team member via the JB Media Institute
In the pursuit of a community that is free of sexual violence, the nonprofit Our VOICE serves individuals affected by sexual assault and abuse, through counseling, advocacy, and education. Our VOICE operates the oldest sexual violence and rape crisis line in the state of NC. JB Media Group selected Our VOICE as a community partner in 2014 and provided short-term support to enhance exposure on social media and in the media for their 40th anniversary.
- Marketing training to staff and board members on social media practices and enhancements to their current strategies
- Public relations outreach and content creation
- Local event marketing support for 40th anniversary
Holistic Holiday has been offering life changing educational conferences for over a decade. These events emphasize complete mind-body wellness with a focus on nutrition, movement, and meditation. The team at JB Media Group has provided social impact marketing to support the growth and brand recognition of Holistic Holiday at Sea since the company launched in 2003.
- Social media content creation, advertising, account management, and advertising
- Search engine optimization
- Blog strategy and content creation
- Email marketing strategy, content, and execution
- Online advertising strategy, campaign creation, ad copy creation, and campaign management
- Marketing partnership strategy and relationship management
Contact us to discuss your social impact marketing and communications needs. We look forward to learning more about your organization, business or campaign.